Shillong, October 11: A three-day Social Audit Workshop is being conducted on the Meghalaya Community Participation and Public Services Social Audit Act, 2017 for State Nodal Officers of various Departments by the Programme Implementation and Evaluation Department, Government of Meghalaya from October 10-12 at Hotel Polo Towers, Shillong.
Participants at the three-day Social Audit Workshop
During the workshop, Social Audit on various programmes and public services, under different sectors which is under the purview of the Meghalaya Community Participation and Public Services Social Audit Act, 2017, were covered which include-
- Education – Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and Midday Meal.
- Health – health services including immunization and services rendered by the nearest Sub-Centre, PHC and CHC.
- Forest and Environment – programmes implemented in the area by the Joint Forest Management Committee and climate change activities.
- Power – services provided by the MeECL and functioning of Village Power Committees.
- Water and Sanitation – quality and quantity of water supply, services provided by the PHE Department and Total Sanitation programmes including Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Employment and Skilling – number of unemployed youths, and awareness on skilling needs and opportunities.
- Roads and Transport – roads constructed by the PWD Department and PMGSY roads.
- Agriculture and allied activities – schemes implemented by the Agriculture and allied departments.
- Community and Rural Development – MGNREGS, IAY/PMAY (G) and National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP).
- Security – services rendered by the local Police services, law and order including maintenance of social harmony and functioning of Village Defence Parties.
- Others – programmes/schemes implemented by the Planning Department, Border Areas Development Programmes, Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS), National Food Security Act and programmes implemented by the Food & Civil Supplies.
The Resource persons for the three-day workshop are drawn from all over the country who are experts in the relevant schemes and programmes.