Shillong, September 26: The Chief Electoral Officer, Meghalaya has informed the general public that the Election Commission of India has announced for the conduct of the Special Summary Revision of Electoral Rolls with January 01, 2018 as the qualifying date. All eligible citizens of India who will attain the age of 18 and above as on January 01, 2018 are requested to register themselves in the Electoral Roll. The schedule of programme is as follows:
- Draft Publication of Electoral Rolls: September 27, 2017
- Period for filing of claims and Objections: September 27, 2017 to October 31, 2017
- Reading of relevant part/section of photo electoral rolls in Gram Sabha/Local Bodies and RWA meeting etc. and verification of names: October 06, 2017 to October 18, 2017
- Special Campaign dates: October 07, 2017 to October 21, 2017
- Disposal of Claims and Objections: November 13, 2017
- Updating the database, merging of photographs, updating the Control Tables and preparation and printing of supplementary list: December 19, 2017
- Final Publication of Electoral Rolls: January 10, 2018.
The District Election Officer, East Khasi Hills has also informed that the draft photo electoral rolls for the 13-Mawryngkneng (ST), 14-Pynthorumkhrah (GEN), 15-Mawlai (ST), 16-East Shillong (ST), 17-North Shillong (ST), 18-West Shillong (GEN), 19-South Shillong (GEN), 20-Mylliem (ST), 21-Nongthymmai (ST), 22-Nongkrem (ST), 23-Sohiong (ST), 24-Mawphlang (ST), 25-Mawsynram (ST), 27-Pynursla (ST) and 29-Mawkynrew (ST) Assembly Constituencies have been prepared with reference to January 01, 2018 as qualifying date and in accordance with the Registration of Electors Rules, 1960.
A copy of the draft photo electoral roll is available for inspection at office of the Deputy Commissioner (Election), East Khasi Hills, Shillong and at the offices of all Block Development Officers during office hours and the concerned Polling Stations from September 27, 2017 to October 31, 2017.