Guwahati, January 11: Sahari Go Run Marathon, a quarterly fundraising charity event wherein participants can choose to Walk or Run for a cause close to their heart, is being organised in Guwahati on January 17. Go Run motivates individuals to stay fit, with a healthy body and happy mind.
The Go Run Marathon event, along with Silpi Divas 2018, is being conducted for the second time by Sahari Foundation, Guwahati. The event also celebrates the glory of Silpi Divas with a noble cause for special children at Jyoti Chitraban Film Studio on January 17. The event has a special celebration of Shilpi Divas wherein writers, artist, musicians, actors from the film industry will be felicitated. The event also has performances by specially abled children, with prize distribution ceremony to the winners of art, music and dance competitions.
The marathon shall start from 6:00 am.
There shall be two runs:
- 3k Cause Run (Non Competitive); Start Point – Ganesh Mandir Field and End Point – Jyoti Chitraban Film Studio.
- 10k City Run (Competitive); Start Point – Ganesh Mandir and End Point – Jyoti Chitraban Film Studio. Field Trail – Running across the city roads via Ganeshguri point, ABC, Bhangagarh, trailing across the lush greeneries of GMC, alongside up and downhill to Kahilipara.
- Men’s Category 1st Prize – Rs 5000/-
- Womens Category 1st Prize – Rs 5000/-
- Medals, Winners’ T-shirt and Gift Hampers to 1st, 2nd, 3rd runners up
- Finishing Certificate to all participants.
- Medals to all finishers.
- Refreshment and hydration, post event.
- Winners get direct free entry to Power of Fitness Event in Feb.
Registration fee in the Competitive Category 10k City Run is Rs 200/-
See you all there!