Inaugurated by PM Modi today, the Dhola-Sadiya Bridge has been in news since a very long time. And yes, it deserves to be because of the following reasons.
1. With a length of 9.15 kms, it is the longest bridge in India.
2. The bridge is capable of bearing the weight of a 60 tonne battle tank.
3. PM Narendra Modi has named the bridge as Bhupen Hazarika Bridge.
4. According to government claims, the bridge shall save petrol and diesel of worth Rs 10 lakhs everyday.
5. The whole project had a total construction cost of Rs 2,056 crores.